||The Chirp Sonar is a digital, wideband, FM sonar that generates high resolution images and provides high quality acoustic data which is used to characterize target and sediment properties.
1. Transducer Design and Fabrication
2. Analog and Digital Design
3. Real Time Programming
4. Sonar Vehicle Design and Fabrication
5. Sonar Signal and Image Processing
6. Sonar System Design and Fabrication
7. Support of Offshore Experiments
Current research projects:
- BOSS (Buried Object Scanning Sonar) Technology: Development of sonar technology for detection, 3D imaging and classification of objects buried under the seabed.
- Remote Sediment Development of Property Prediction: Techniques for predicting the acoustic and physical properties of ocean sediments using reflecting data.